Ever get those cravings of your favorite restaurant foods and wish you could recreate at home?
Well, guess what? In many cases, you can!
The internet is full of food fans, and out of a spirit of generosity, the culinary minds at several well-known food destinations have shared their secrets with the public. Without further ado, here are five restaurant recipes you can recreate at home.
One of the greatest social media days for foodies was when Chad Brauze, Director Culinary and Menu Development at Chipotle, decided to share the chain’s in-demand guacamole recipe with the public. He took to Instagram to deliver a 26:45 video detailing the ingredients and process so you can cook along. If you prefer to fly solo, there’s also a twitter thread with written out instructions.
Here’s what you need, according to Chipotle’s official Twitter account:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/2 jalapeño including seeds (diced)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
For step-by-step instructions on how to assemble the guacamole, click either the link for the video or the twitter thread shown above.
McDonald’s Sausage & Egg McMuffin
Due to the novel coronavirus, McDonald’s temporarily closed all of its locations in the United Kingdom. However, the fast food chain didn’t leave its fans entirely. In early April, the company decided to release its recipe for the famous Sausage & Egg McMuffin, and here’s what you need according to Mirror UK:
- English muffin
- 75g sausage meat
- American cheese (sliced)
- Egg ring (to shape egg into a circle)
Here are simple instructions for sandwich assembly, according to the McDonald’s UK twitter account:
- Season sausage meat with a little salt and pepper and shape into balls. Flatten the sausage balls into patty shapes, and cook on a pre-heated grill (or pan) for roughly 6-7 minutes on each side (make sure to follow packaging instructions for safety).
- While the sausage is cooking, brush oil on the inside of a metal ring and place the ring inside a pan. Add a small bit of water to cover the base, bringing to a boil. Crack the eggs into your oiled rings, cover, and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When eggs and sausage are close to completion, toast your English muffin.
- Assemble your sandwich. Start with a slice of American cheese, and then place sausage patty and egg on top.
Shake Shack’s Cheese Sauce
Cheese sauce goes together with so many things, and Shake Shack’s is one of the most famous around. Fortunately for all of us, they took to social media in May to share their recipe. Let Mark Rosati, the burger joint’s culinary director, walk you through the process. First, let’s make sure you have everything you need:
- 2 cups American cheese (small cubes)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 thin slices of jalapeño
- 3/4 cup of onion (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp peppercorns
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp white wine
Now, here’s how to make the sauce:
- Heat a saucepan and add the canola oil.
- Add the onion, jalapeños, peppercorns, and salt.
- Cook the onions until soft and translucent
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and white wine vinegar
- Let the liquid reduce down
- When the liquid has reduced down, add the heavy cream, turn off the heat, and let the mixture steep for 30 minutes
- Strain the mixture to remove the solids, and add the mixture back to the saucepan, bringing it up to almost a boil.
- Add in both kinds of cheese and whisk until there are no pieces of cheese left and the sauce is the desired consistency.
Disney Parks Churro Bites
The happiest parks on the planet are letting you experience some of the magic at home! With many parks closed over the last few months due to COVID-19, Disney released the recipe for the churro bites you want to buy from every shop they’re sold at in the parks. The news of being able to make the beloved churro bites at home is nice, but it gets even better! You probably already have the ingredients in your pantry.
Here’s what you need, per the Disney Parks’ Blog:
- 1 cup of water
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
For all the shoppers who have spent an entire day inside of an IKEA, they know furniture isn’t the only thing the Swedish retailer does well. After several hours of strolling and shopping, one of the highlights of an IKEA trip is stopping to eat, and when you eat at IKEA, you have to indulge in the meatballs. For everyone missing their meatball fix over the last few months of social distancing and shutdowns, IKEA UK released an in-depth infographic to show you how the meatballs are made.
Here’s what you need, according to their instructions:
- 500g beef mince
- 250g pork mince
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed or minced)
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp of whole milk
- Salt and pepper
For the full instructions on how to concoct the tasty treat, head over to the IKEA UK Twitter page, and see the infographic for yourself!
Didn’t see your favorite dish posted above? Don’t sweat it! Run a google search to see if your favorite restaurant has shared the recipe. If they haven’t, there are plenty of curious culinary minds who might have posted something close to the original.
While cities vary in reopening, some restaurants are back in action. Whether you are recreating your favorite restaurant recipes at home or venturing out, keep your health in mind. Follow CDC recommendations to wear a mask and protect yourself and others. Insurance coverage can add extra protection for these trying times. Find out your coverage options in your area and ask questions to a licensed agent by calling 855-548-0727.