October doesn’t only mean colorful leaves or pumpkin spiced everything, it also means the start of Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period. This year’s AEP is coming up quick, are you or your loved ones who qualify for Medicare ready? Here is a checklist to help get you prepared for October 15th’s start of AEP.
During the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), Medicare beneficiaries can add, drop, or change parts of their Medicare health care plans and prescription drug coverage for the following year to better meet their needs. Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) runs from October 15th to December 7th each year. Changes made during this period go into effect on January 1st of the following year.
During AEP, Medicare beneficiaries can:
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
Discover which Medicare option is right for you. We can help you compare, buy, and enroll in the right Medicare health insurance plan at the right price. Call 1-866-998-7493 – TTY 711 to speak with a licensed Medicare agent.